Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Winter Projects for the SeaPearl 21 and Shallow-Minded

Painting in the winter is a slow process.   These are the floor boards for the SP 21.  What, no teak and holly, you ask?  Yep, they would cost $360 dollars for the three boards.  I just can't see it!  I am using five-eights marine ply.  Once you go away from teak, you are stuck with needing an anti-skid compound.  Why not just paint them white, I reasoned?  Why not indeed.   I'm using regular Zinzer indoor-outdoor primer and my favorite Benjamin Moore Super Spec polyurethane/alkoid mixed by the good folks at the Benjamin Moore store per the formula for Insignia White from the color chart of Awlgrip.  I used 6 ounces of Intergrip for a quart of paint.  I'll probably add another coat on top. The larger item is the nose door for Shallow-Minded
My Buddy Heater keeping the shop warm and cozy for paint drying.  I used the adapter from my Colman grill to us propane out of the bottle.  I'd apologize for the messy shop bench but it seems to be perennial so I won't even bother-:)
Merry Christmas ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment