Monday, September 5, 2011

Getting ready for sailing the west coast of Florida

This blog will be the daily journal for my travels aboard Belle, my 28 foot SeaPearl trailerable sailboat. The personnel referred to in this blog are as follows: Larry Whited age 61, that's me, Karen also known as Karen Prescott--well we're not here to tell on her age, my life partner and willing helper, and Pussifer, our adventurous and overly spoiled cat.

Right now, we are preparing for my month-long voyage along the west coast of Florida. I most likely will start my trip at Suwanee, on the Suwanee river.  The first night will be spent aboard at our favorite Florida stomping ground, Cedar Key.  From there I will be traveling (alone-sadly) south just off-shore and ducking into my favorite gunkholes to spend the night. I hope that I will make it as far as Key West, and then over to the Tortugas.  In all likelihood my return from the Tortugas will be off-shore, strait to Fort Meyers.  I plan to spend as much time as possible around Charlotte Harbor and Cayo Costa specifically.
As I continue preparations, I will blog whenever something in the preparation merits comment.  I hope to hear from as many as possible commenting on my activities. My trip will also be documented at my website: http://www.seapearlboats.org and on Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment