Monday, July 16, 2012

Today was "sea trials" day.  As you can imagine, we looked forward to seeing how our repairs would stand up to the real water world.  Belle looked a little bit "dismastulated"  my word describing removal of the important symbolic organs of motivation.  Never mind, the idea is to see if she leaks.








 The weather was lovely.  And yes, I am at the controls.  My pendant controller is running the autopilot.

We stopped at Aqualand Marina for lunch.












The Dockside Burger I enjoyed was awesome.  Karen enjoyed a special salad.
We traveled all the way to Browns bridge.  Then we noticed a very threatening cloud with lightening.









On the way back we found to our horror two inches of water in the cabin. De-Javu all over again to coin an oft used phrase.  Here is what we found when we removed the centerboard trunk case.
"Strong stream," says I, "must be a young one:)
Well, there you have it.  Too much water pressure for the RTV silicone.  I believe 3m 5200 will do the job.
We were just pulling onto the trailer when the squall hit.  30 knot winds and driving rain.  Glad I took heed and headed back when I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment