Monday, December 3, 2012

The warm weather continues as I focus on getting ready for the winter trip aboard Belle.  Since I completely redid both masts, removing all hardware, painting and reattaching all hardware, it seemed only proper to check the fit of the sails.  Well they slide right up.  I on the other hand am becoming more aware of the heaviness of the masts and realize I can only do this so long.  For now, I look forward to the winter trip and am obsessing over the details of each supporting item.  



I'm checking out the dinghy and the inflatable kayak to make sure my air pumps have connectors that fit and that all the little parts I need are with me.  The dingy is a cute little six-foot inflatable that I have had for several years, but have never tried out.  It is in mint condition. The former owners never used her from new.  I did lack an adapter for the air pump so have it coming in the mail. Getting lettering to stick to the side of a folding item like this is almost impossible.  I have used dinghy stencil in the past but never was happy with the quality of the paint.  I chance upon some of that Flexi-seal, well not that brand but a Rust-oleum product costing about half as much.  The rubber sticks great and is "flexible."
  Sails are up and the solar panels are catching sun.  I guess Karen was trying to stay out of this picture.  Doesn't look like she was successful:)

1 comment: