Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I took a leisurely bike ride through Cedar Key this morning.  The quiet beauty of this place and its people appeals to my need for serenity and reflection.  In a way, I wish I could live here, adjusting to "the island pace."  I know there are many other such quiet communities in America.  Somehow, after the excitement of the weekend's festivities the quietness reinforces the reasons I have been coming here for the last nineteen years.




Three boats remain on the beach at The Island Place.  Jeff and Dianna's Moon Pie, Bernard and Genise's Kram and Bob Treat's beautifully crafted Chappaquiddick 12 and 1/2, Freddie the Cat.  










Here's a little sample of the view from our RV Park.
















Dock Street, Cedar Key
Salt flats behind the food market


























Crab traps


Yesterday I took our friend Jeff out for a long sail.  We enjoyed an invigorating sail at speeds approaching 12 knots! Today, it's Bernard's turn.  Tides up around 2 PM.  

No comments:

Post a Comment