Tuesday, May 22, 2012

"Parts is parts."  Tradarka went on a diet.  Well, I took her completely apart.  She needs a complete refinishing, which I estimate will take around 100 hours if you include the new deck.  Add that to the work due on Belle (about 20) and I will have a very busy summer indeed.







Here's where a lot of the work will be.  I will have to remove tons of blogs of sloppily applied resin and areas of glue starved cloth so as to properly re-coat and secure the integrity of the amas.
Here's what I'm talking about. These globs are all over.  The seams need to be faired.  In order to paint, many hours of filling and fairing are in the offing.  Note the barnacles that attached in only 12 days on the water.  I will have anti fouling as well!

1 comment:

  1. It's been great catching up on all your projects Larry. The photo of Tridarka stripped down kind of freaks me out! Hope your hundred hours goes by quickly (or was it 1000?)

    ReplyDelete