Friday, June 1, 2012

I'm working on several projects at once (as usual).  Here is a picture of the floor boards. They are out due to the repair of the floor.  I had entertained the idea of replacing these boards.  When I found out that the cost of a 4x8 sheet of teak and holly runs $250 plus $169 shipping, I thought better of it.







This is the view after saturating with 100% tung oil
I considered teak oil but this seemed to be the best choice overall.

I'm working on refinishing Belle's masts.  There are many scraped and dinged areas that need painting.  And the aluminum rivets are failing starting at the bottom of the main mast. So I am removing the track, repainting and re-attaching the tracks with stainless steel rivets.  
Also, the mast step weld shows signs of cracking.  I am taking it to a welder to have it re-welded. Then it will bed re-painted.  Reports to follow.
This is the broken mast support. It will be re-welded along with the mast steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment