Thursday, June 14, 2012

Planning considerations

I found this accumulator tank on Amazon.  I've spent a lot of money with West Marine. But compared to the $72 they want, at $42 with free shipping, I had to buy it.  This will help keep the pump cycling down.  

I finally found a Zahn #2 viscosity cup at a reasonable price.  This is a 3M M-50 which is the same as a Zahn #2.  It's nice to be able to follow viscosity directions directly from the Awlgrip can instead of converting to the Ford #4 on a table. I bought this on order from O'Reilly Auto Parts for $10.  As I have pointed out, An original Zahn #2 Stainless with certificate is $200. For me, this is close enough.









Right now, I have all but finished the primer application.  I have a very small area on one mast that needs to be re-shot.  After sanding this coat, I will be ready to shoot the finish coat.  First though, I will spray the mast step and hinge areas with   AWL-D6600Q AWLGRIP WASH PRIMER CF METAL BASE QUART and  AWL-D3300Q
AWLGRIP CONVERTER WASH PRIMER FOR D6600Q QUART.
This primer also serves as an etching solution. After application, the final two coats of Awlgrip San Mateo Wheat two part polyurethane can be sprayed on the metal as well as the masts.  
At that point the mast tracks can be beded with 3M 5200 and riveted in place.  Then Belle will ready to go into the water.
I replaced the trailer lights with GROTE INDUSTRIES LED Trailer Lights for Trailers over 80" Wide
They are much brighter and impervious to salt water.  It looks like I will have to change the brake lines on the trailer.  I have a persistent problem with air in line with one brake dragging and heating.  
In summery, I can't wait to try Belle out in the water.  It will be like a new boat I believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment