Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Enough is enough!

This is my final night at work.  I had to get up at 3pm and work like a dog to get the last of the chores done.  There were 12 tires to check and properly inflate (trailer and truck).  The boat was a dirty mess so I pressure washed it as best I could in the time available.  Finally, I put all my clothes on board.  All that is left is my medicines and computer stuff (not inconsequential with a laptop, and Netbook and a portable printer and all the 12 volt cords and accessory cables.
I will need to program the GPS's using Sea Clear II and therefore need cables to upload way points.  Well, I'm the one that likes all these toys. So I shouldn't complain, should I? Note to self: leave some decompression time at the beginning of a trip as well as the end.  Now, 12 hours of work.
In the morning I have to stop by the credit union.  In the afternoon it's off to the lake to West Marine the $1000 store to pick up a G2 coastal US waters map chip for my new Garmin 78. Darn, should have gotten the 78sCX which has everything on it.  Anyway, the truck is hooked up, the lights work and I'm all but gone.
I leave at 2AM Friday morning.  Follow me on http://aprs.fi   WB4FGF-8 and -10.

No comments:

Post a Comment