Saturday, October 29, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays

I'm sitting at the Big Deck restaurant in Cedar Key eating a Philly cheese steak  with curly fries.  I just finished a lot of work on the boat like duck taping the hatch shut and straitening out the big mess.  I got the radio back to working on 30 meters.  Don't know what was wrong but it is broadcasting my GPS coordinates every 20 minutes on APRS.FI  If you don't click on this link you will need to enter WB4FGF-8.
I am also messaging with my SPOT device.  You can reach my share page here. I will try to remember to press the OK button ever once in a while especially at anchorages.
It rained  quite a bit last night.  I woke up with wet feet realizing the fore hatch was leaking. I cranked it down tighter but it kept up a slow drip drip.  Today when checking it out I saw that a small rope got caught under the gasket and broke the seal.  I think it is OK now but just to be sure I sealed it with duck tape. Small craft advisories are out for tonight, so I'm staying put until it is safe to move.  I still have some still have some stuff to take back to the truck. There's just TOO MUCH STUFF in the boat!!
I'm planing on some radio work this afternoon around 5pm. On 7.165 up to 7.200 mHz for those of you who would like to make contact me.  I'll try to change the message re: what frequency I'm on in aprs and let it beacon at least once before I change over to sideband. 
I hope to leave tomorrow.  We will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment