Friday, October 28, 2011

Launched and ready to go?

This last two days had been a blur of too much work and not enough sleep.  Yesterday I got up at 2pm and went up to West Marine to pick up the G2 chip for my new Garmin 78.  I pressure washed the boat and scurried around doing tasks until I dropped into bed about 8pm to a fitful sleep.  This morning I was up at 1:30 AM to leave.  The trip featured a flat tire on the boat trailer which gave me a hassle because I forgot to put the key in to remove the lock nut on the wheel.  Luckily, my giat channel locks took it off anyway. As I approached the Cedar Key turn off I impulsively turned off and called the Hardware store in CK. I was referred to the manager who graciously offered me a parking spot for a month at $60. 
Well, here I am at anchor right next to the dock in Cedar Key.

I ate a wonderful blackened grouper sanwich at my favorite resteraunt The Big Deck



This is a typical street scene on the dock at Cedar Key. 










Now I am typing under the bluish tint of the led light in the cabin.  The hot spot is working well on 3G only. I feel lucky to have internet at all. Cedar Key has poor cell coverage. I guess the big antenna 30 feet up is helping. 
I am completely bushed so am going to sleep.  More tomorrow and hopefully some radio work.

No comments:

Post a Comment