Sunday, October 30, 2011

Waiting out the weather

I tried it this morning.  Went out without reefing. The wind was slated to be 20-22 knots.  Turns out it's more like twenty-five.  That must be what the "small craft advisory" was all about.  To keep it simple, lets say the boat was overpowered by the wind and the bilge started filling with water.  So, I hang it up for today.  Should have slept in and forgot the whole thing like I was inclined.  Here's something I hate to admit.  On the way back I guess I took a short cut...well I did take a short cut, unthinkingly that I have taken for years in a SeaPearl 21 (with 6 inch draft.  Now I am waiting for the tide to rise.  It's almost off. going aground on low tide is an inconvenience. Going aground at high tide is a frantic call to Tow Boat US.  Darn I am going to have to pay attention better. 
I will probably spend the next 2 or 3 days at anchor. I am not going out until the wind is under 20 knots. 
Interesting thing happened with the bilge filled with salt water.  For sum reason the power was out to the radio. I checked the booster box and no power was coming out of it. On opening it I found a blown 25 amp fuse.  After that the radio worked but the TinyTrack was dead. Another blown fuse in the Rigrunner.  Not sure what caused all this but luckily I have all the equipment to service most problems on Belle.  More later on my time spent getting everything ready to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment